Set Default Value for Input Control via REST v2

cgriefer

Hey all... 

We're using the REST v2 API to dynamically create customer reports. That all works fine. 

I'm trying to get one of the input controls (a dropdown) to display a default value. 

I've used "Setting Input Control Values" call, which seems to work fine according to the response:

{"selected":false,"label":"Lions","value":"579"},{"selected":true,"label":"Tigers","value":"695"},{"selected":false,"label":"Bears","value":"11409"}[/code]

As you can see, "Tigers" is now set to `"selected":true`. 

But when I run the report, there's no default selected option in the dropdown. 

And if I call the "Listing Input Control Values" endpoint, it shows that the option is no longer selected.

<option>          <label>Lions</label>          <selected>false</selected>          <value>579</value>        </option>        <option>          <label>Tigers</label>          <selected>false</selected>          <value>695</value>        </option>        <option>          <label>Bears</label>          <selected>false</selected>          <value>11409</value>        </option>[/code]

I've been able to do it by modifying the jrxml manually. e.g. changing

<defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[]]></defaultValueExpression>

to:

<defaultValueExpression><![CDATA["695"]]></defaultValueExpression>

But we're trying to automate this process. I can't manually touch the .jrxml for each account. 

Is there a way using the REST endpoints to set a default value for an input control in a report and have it persist?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic