Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Value calc'd in report returned to java code

2004 IR Help

By: CaptnTony - captntony

Value calc'd in report returned to java code

2005-10-19 13:58

I've got this nice fancy (almost working correctly) invoice report. It calculates a small set of values to be printed (subTotals and Totals) that I'd like returned to my code so I can update accounts rec. tables w/o having to run all the queries over again.

Is that possible? I know I can return queries from subreports to masters but can I get them back into my java app? Oh, and if it is possible, can someone highlight the method by which I'd accomplish this feat please.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Value calc'd in report returned to java code

2005-10-19 14:00

xcuse me,

not *queries from subreports to masters*

should be *values from subreports to master reports*

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: Value calc'd in report returned to java c

2005-10-20 03:32

Bot sure but could imagine when you pass a parameter into the report and change your parameter with the tip of the "Jasper Reports Tips and Tricks" (see JR homepage) you could access the parameter again in the map after the fill method returns. (not tried... just a thought)

Another way would be to parse the jasper print object and retrieve your special field(give it an unique anchor name for example)... should work but than you have it as string and must convert it back to your wanted type.

hth

C-Box

RE: Value calc'd in report returned to java code

2005-10-20 06:38

Hmm, good point C-Box, I think I'll give the changing a parameter option a try first - as it seems to deal with the least coding. Even if I pass in a 0 for returnAmtDue then fill it somehow when the report is complete...interesting.

Thanks for the advice.

Todd

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic