We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is it possible to have Ad Hoc views and dashboards on my machine as some type of file (like jrxml files for reports)?

jbreault

For reports made using Jaspersoft Studio, the report information can be stored both on JasperReport Server and locally as a jrxml file. I am wondering if the same is possible for Ad Hoc views and dashboards. Is it possible to have Ad Hoc views and dashboards on my machine as some type of file?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have permissions, you can export an Ad Hoc view or dashboard from the server (right-click and select Export) and have it as a file which you can then import into another server. So you could use this if you wanted to share an Ad Hoc view.

You can create Ad Hoc templates that change the look of the reports you create from Ad Hoc. 

However, there's no external editor (like JSS) for dashboards and Ad Hoc views.

I am currently using the 30 day free trial of JasperReports Sever Pro. When I right click on an Ad Hoc view or dashboard I am not given an option to export (though the option is there when I right click on a report on the community edition). Am I missing something?