We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

text field stretches to 2nd row when consisting of concatenated values

patricia.williams

I have a text field defined

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" isBlankWhenNull="true">
<reportElement x="30" y="0" width="120" height="20" uuid="dc57d609-c89f-444c-815f-5bad95e2d1e9"/>
<textElement verticalAlignment="Middle">
<font size="10" isBold="true"/>
</textElement>
<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{filer_persent_type_cd} == "ENTITY" ? $F{name} : $F{name}+", "+$F{filer_name_first}]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

My query returns 1473 rows and out of all those rows only 1 row gets split into two seperate rows.   The value for 
$name = Kkkkkkk 
$filer_name_first=Amanda Ssssssss

When you see it in the pdf, Sssssss part is on a line  all by itself.  Same is true if I export to xlsx, it gets its own row.  Does it have to do with the lenght of filer_name_first?  I have some $name that are bigger than this length but they are all in name and not name+,+first.

Here are the properties I have in my xml:
<property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter" value="TECInternal"/>
<property name="ireport.jasperserver.url" value="http://10.10.10.32:8082/jasperserver-pro/"/>
<property name="ireport.jasperserver.user" value="jasperadmin"/>
<property name="ireport.jasperserver.report.resource" value="/public/StaticLists/RegisterdLobbyistsByYear_files/main_jrxml"/>
<property name="ireport.jasperserver.reportUnit" value="/public/StaticLists/RegisterdLobbyistsByYear"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.remove.empty.space.between.columns" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.remove.empty.space.between.rows" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.ignore.cell.background" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.ignore.anchors" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.white.page.background" value="false"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xlsx.exclude.origin.band.1" value="title"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xlsx.exclude.origin.band.2" value="pageHeader"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xlsx.exclude.origin.band.3" value="pageFooter"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xlsx.exclude.origin.band.4" value="columnHeader"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.show.gridlines" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.ignore.graphics" value="true"/>
<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.collapse.row.span" value="true"/>

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

when name=Kkkkkkkkkk

and first_name=Deanna Rrrrrr

it doesn't split the line into 2 rows!

When it split the other one the Ssssssss part was on a line by itself in the excel.   In the pdf it looks like it is on a line by itself but maybe not because it is right where there is a page break.  I don't think you can actually tell in the pdf, one page has the Kkkkkkk, Amanda and the next page has the Ssssssss.