JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Publishing from Studio or Server - Differences main_jrxml

lori.stopka

I have noticed a difference between a report publshed via Studio and one that was published using the browser interface on the server.  

If I publish a brand new report from Studio the ireport.jasperserver.report.resource property is set and the value represents a path to the report which ends in main_jrxml.    If I use Studio to open the report in the repository it opens a file named main_jrxml.jrxml.  

But, if I publish the report on the server the ireport.jasperserver.report.resource property is set to the Resource ID when I first set up the report.  For example "Welcom_To_Jasper".  If I use Studio to open the report in the repository it opens a file named Welcome_To_Jasper_.jrxml. 

The upside to publshing the very first time via Studio is the process defines all the input controls for you in the repository automatcially.  The downside is the generic name main_jrxml.
The upside to publishing via the web the first time is that we get a unique name but we have to manually define each input control.

Our dilemma is we want to version control our reports and having every report file named main_jrxml.jrxml makes that difficult.  We have resorted to doing all our "first time" report publishing via the web so we get a unique report but we have a handful of reports that were published via Studio and we would like to change the resource name on those.  Note that the resource id on these reports is not main_jrxml, it is actuallly the name of the report.  I have tried modifhying the source to change the resource name and publishing via studio but the main_jrxml still sticks.  I tried taking that same source file and uploading to the respository via the browser but it won't take the new name, it sticks with main_jrxml. 

I am trying to avoid having to redefine all the reports with all their input controls directly in the repository. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lori

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic