How can you tell if there are more records in a group?

kruger53_1

I have a Debtors Statement printing program. It groups all the transaction records by Client. At the end of each page I would like to know if there are more records in the group to be printed and if yes, print a Continued on next page message, otherwise print the subtotal.

I have created 2 group footers for the group and were planning on printing one or the other using a "Print Expression".

Can Jasper cope with this. I am struggling to figure out how to test for this.

Or is there another method I am unaware of.

With thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'm not sure if this is the way the designer meant it to work but this is how I solved my problem.

I moved my Subtotal fields and and the 'Continued on page...' text field to the page footer.

On the group footer I added a subreport component and created a subreport that does nothing except return a variable.

I added that variable (Boolean) to both reports and passed it to the subreport.

I then use the Print when Expression to test for null or false for the fields I placed on the page footer.

When null it hasn't run the subreport so therefore there is more records coming for the group.

When false it has been passed to the subreport and has therefore finished the records in the group.

Hope this helps someone else.