ClassCastException while publishing report

davide.scola

Hi,

I'm getting the following error while trying to publish my report to jasperserver after selecting the resource to upload. By the way, if I click "next" in  the popup error message the publishing process seems to complete correctly. Anyway, when I try to open the report on jasperserver I get a java.net.MalformedURLException. Any ideas?

I'm using JasperSoft Studio 6.0.

Thank you

Davide

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.jaspersoft.studio.server.model.MReference cannot be cast to com.jaspersoft.studio.server.model.AFileResource
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.imp.AImpObject.addResource(AImpObject.java:87)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.imp.AImpObject.findFile(AImpObject.java:59)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.imp.AImpObject.publish(AImpObject.java:100)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.JrxmlPublishContributor.publishImage(JrxmlPublishContributor.java:189)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.JrxmlPublishContributor.publishJrxml(JrxmlPublishContributor.java:100)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.JrxmlPublishContributor.publishJrxml(JrxmlPublishContributor.java:73)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.FindResources.findResources(FindResources.java:55)
 at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.publish.FindResources.find(FindResources.java:41)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My inital guess would be the path you are using is incorrect, frist check this.  As when the XML is executed it cannot find on the classpath said locaiton. Thus the URL path to your XML file must be wrong/ missing.

You should post your path you are using.

The correct format would look like this:

file:///C:/Documents+and+Settings/iReport/   Take note of the '3' slashes and '+' signs for spaces as URLs dont like spaces.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem. It seems to occur when the  "use SOAP protocol only" option is checked in the server connections advanced option section and you are trying to publish to a 6.0 server. I have found that it is necessary to use SOAP protocol only with 6.0 to do anything that explores the repository to get acceptable performance, I have also found that some essential functions don't work at all unless you check this option.

To publish, I have been unchecking this option. It is extremely slow but it works. I just toggle this setting depending on what I am doing.