We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper server dynamic date parameters for reports scheduling

tugrul083

Hi, 

I have several reports that use weekly Start date and End date parameters. The goal is to have these reports scheduled and emailed to clients on weekly basis whilst allowing them to login and select their own dates when necessary. 

Default dates are calculated by Groovy scripts. Date calculations work fine; when you login to Jasperserver and open the report, they are always correct and reports run fine manually. 

However the reports scheduler gets stuck. I set the scheduler to start on a specific date (next Monday 00:05) and set the recurrence as Calendar type to repeat evert month, every Monday at 00:05. The problem is that although the scheduler works, it will ONLY use the current date parameters and will not refresh them on the second run. For example if I set the scheduler now, next Monday I will have the reports sent to my email with date inputs startdate: 3-11-14, enddate: 10-11-14. This is correct for the first run. However, all the upcoming weeks, it will use these specific parameters and will not refresh the dates.

I believe what I am looking for is VERY simple. I have my report calculate everything correctly and all I need from Jasperserver is to run it every Monday WITHOUT storing the input parameters. If it ONLY runs it, on cheduled time, all would be great but somehow scheduler stores the parameter values which are correct only at the date the scheduler is set!

I have been working on this for ages and am really annoyed I can't find a permanent, reliable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tugrul

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

have you tried to schedule the report using relative dates. For example, if you need a week interval, you should try using TODAY and TODAY+7 or something similar when you schedule it. I'm not sure about, but it's the only workaround I can suggest.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...