Adding multiple items in the same report

haidar_hadi_205
Go to solution Solved by mbmorgan,

I am trying to build a report that has multiple items; a table and couple of charts next to it. How to best approach this? Which portion of the report should I put such items, Details, Summary, etc.? In other word, I want to build a dashboard

Thanks in advance.

Update:

There is a "page format" option from the context menu, I made the page longer by increasing the Height of the page and then added a page break.

My current challenge is that page does not break! I think the "Break" item in the elements palate is meant to break a table but not the entire page. Any idea how do I do an actual page break?

Update:

I found this question : http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/533412/how-insert-page-break-ireport-371 

is there something similar in the Jasper Studio ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haidar,

To build a dashboard, it helps to have an outline of want you want it to include...similar to making an outline before writing a paper. Who are the end users? What information will they need? What functionalities will they need? All those questions must be answered before you can really get started.

As for exporting as a PDF, that can be done in Jaspersoft Studio and Jasper Reports Server.

I hope this helps you get pointed in the right direction.

Good Luck,

M.B.Morgan