JDBC-ODBC data source not working in Jaspersoft Server

rodney_4

Hi

I am trying to setup a JDBC-ODBC Datasource in Jaspersoft Server V5.5. The same driver and url work correctly in iReport v5.5.

I am using the correct driver  sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver (I assume). The same driver works with ireport.

The url I am using is jdbc:odbc:testdbisam  (testdbisam is my DSN).

The message I get is : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Show Details

What am I doing wrong ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the same issue, different error:

[Microsoft]

[sql Server]Cannot open database "PAC Access Control Log" requested by the login. The login failed.

Can run the report in iReport, but datasource keeps showing that error on JasperServer.  JasperServer is on same machine as iReport.

The weird thing I found about the error is it appears almost instantly after clicking "Test Connection."  I find it hard to believe that it can find all of that information, including the database name, and refuses to login.  Tried manually adding my credentials to the db in SQL management studio and error is replicated.

Hope someone can get this sorted out soon, it's been an extremely frustrating process.

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same error using 4D ODBC driver (4D is a crappy french development environement i have to deal with). I'm not sur I prodvided sun.jdb.odbc driver properly. I noticed the .class files are in jre's rt.jar (wich jar is included in jasperserver embeded files). So I uploaded rt.jar at the datasource definition level (since i don't know any alternativ method) ... but no luck ! In the other way I succeeded to connect using a simple java class, so the bridge is working but no luck establishing connection from jasperserver.

Did you finally succeed in connecting you db through this jdbc.odbc stuff? I would be glad to know.