Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:10990/jasperserver]

ror

Hi,

i have jasperserver 5.0.1 running an a xen vm with ubuntu 12.04 lts. now i have made a copy of that vm and changed ip of the new copied vm. when i now try to start jasperserver on new vm i get the error:

2013-11-19 08:11:44,465 ERROR ContextLoader,pool-2-thread-1:307 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'jasperJMXServerConnector' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-diagnostic.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:10990/jasperserver]: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

on the original vm everything is working fine. any ideas?

regards,

ror

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the error:

"java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:10990/jasperserver]: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]"

It looks like in the new VM either the port 10990 is in use or 'localhost' is not defined in your hosts file