Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

parameter passing using PHP

By: os_boy - mojacko_man123

parameter passing using PHP

2005-06-16 01:51

hi all, im a newbie open source developer and i am trying PHP to pass parameters to a report i created using iReports. if this is possible can anyone please tell me how this works and how it can be done.thanks in advance!!!

By: Craig O'Shannessy - shanness

RE: parameter passing using PHP

2005-06-16 02:38

The standard way of passing USER SUPPLIED information via the web is HTML forms. There is plenty of information about this all over the web.

Are you using servlets, JSP or something else? You do know that JasperReports is a JAVA library don't you?

2005-06-16 19:23

yes i know that jasperreports is a library. i've tried the document on integrating jasperreports with PHP, but i encounter a CGI error...what's this all about?

2005-06-16 22:22

Well, for a start, what's your error? Details man!

How are you executing the Jasper library? Using a standalone Java program and CGI?? A servlet engine would simplify things, and would certainly scale better.

Craig

2005-06-16 22:51

this is the link to the document i've seen here,

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1566148&forum_id=7912

i followed the steps and i get this error

"CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

this is what i encounter...can u help me on this???

thanks!!!

2005-06-17 00:05

OK, well the first thing I would do is see what the output of the Java program is.

E.G. If you are following your example exactly, what does running "/usr/local/shelljasper/runJasperShell.sh

/var/www/sistemas/reports/test.xml" return when you run it directly from the command line? Post the output of running this command perhaps.

For example, if it does this, then you just haven't set it up properly.

[craig@crucw craig]$ /usr/local/shelljasper/runJasperShell.sh

bash: /usr/local/shelljasper/runJasperShell.sh: No such file or directory

I assume you are running on Linux? If you like, I could pop into your box, and show you this using SCREEN (a VNC like program for the terminal windows) and Skype (so we can talk). You wouldn't have to give any passwords out if you understand SSH reasonably well.

Craig

2005-06-17 01:18

actually, i did not use the shell. if u scroll down, u would see the PHP example written by Guilio. that is the one i am using right now and i can't make it work...i am running it in windows.

2005-06-17 08:32

Well, you almost certainly haven't got it configured correctly. You need to break the steps down. First of all you need to make sure that the commands that PHP runs are actually running java code.

In particular, you should look at these variables and make sure you have them right.

I don't use windows at all, and find it a truly horrid development environment, so I can't really help you any further, perhaps ask from Giulio Toffoli

The important point is you must get the Java stuff working FIRST before you worry about PHP.

Craig

$path_to_jasper_compiled =

"C:\DOCUMENTI\progetti\ConsBonifica\web\jasperReports\";

$path_to_jasper_filled =

"C:\DOCUMENTI\progetti\ConsBonifica\web\jasperReports\";

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic