We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Illegal address in string

kamal.sadasivam

Hi,

I am getting below error while executing the job.

2013-09-03 10:17:48,855 ERROR ReportExecutionJobAlertImpl,quartzScheduler_Worker-1:104 - Error while sending report job alert notification

javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''

I could able to receive the report as attachment with below error message.

"JasperReports Server encountered an error while generating this report.  Please contact your administrator”

Please advise.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hrm... no place to add comments to the original question. :(

What version of JasperServer are you using? I just installed 5.2.0 and I'm having the same problem. My email address looks to be perfectly fine, and I know that email works from the command-line on my (Linux) server.

We are in process of upgrading (clean install + recreation of all objects) from 4.7 CE to 5.2 CE. And we are experiencing the same issue... What's more - running report in the background with attached PDF works fine, while scheduling it throws an error. I will keep debugging more and will post update...

we also encountered the same error, when tried generating the report though Jasper.

the error Illegal address in string ``'' is immediatly follwed up after the error ReportExecutionJob,quartzScheduler

Whenever the report output is not saved properly the email notification shows an error with the address eventough the recepient email address is saved correctly while configuring the report.

the solution is to have a sequential name for the report output or choose an option to overwrite the report output with the new one in teh report output settings which ever is feasible for your reporting requirement.

Hope this proves to be of some help.

• 3 months later...