JasperSoft Studio: How to define a JNDI Data Source?

federico.cattozzi

Hi,

My reports on JasperReports Server use a JNDI Data Source defined into this file

C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-5.1apache-tomcatconfCatalinalocalhostjasperserver-pro.xml

Developing with iReport I use a JDBC connection instead of JNDI to test the reports.

Now I'm trying to switch to JasperSoft Studio.

When I use JasperSoft Studio to try to open any Input Control placed on the server, JasperSoft Studio does not found JNDI Data Source and throws this exception:

java.lang.Exception: 1 - Name <JNDI_NAME> is not bound in this Context    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.get(WSClient.java:274)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.soap.SoapConnection.get(SoapConnection.java:74)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.get(ProxyConnection.java:52)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.editor.input.InputControlsManager.getInputControls(InputControlsManager.java:120)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.editor.ReportRunControler$1.run(ReportRunControler.java:81)    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)[/code]

If I manually add the JNDI Data Source to "Data Adapters" using "Import From Workspace" option and then I test it, this exception is thrown:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException; remaining name 'env/<JNDI_NAME>'//See attached image[/code]

So how can I configure JNDI Data Source into JasperSoft Studio?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic