We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Stupid user question: text is not visible in designer mode

stefan.vanaalst

I have to update a number of iReports. Till a couple of months ago I could see in designer mode the text that I have to update.

I did some upgrading of Java and went to iReports 5.1.0.  Although I can see and edit the text via the properties panel, it would be more than nice to see the text again in the Designer mode. So what I now see, can be seen in the attached picture. Basically nothing in designer mode. All the text seems to have the same color as the background (so white on white as well).

Any ideas how to make this happen?

Maybe some information:

- When I edit the text, I'm not connected to a database

Much obliged

Stefan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

let me say, there aren't any stupid questions, stupid answers only.

The text is there, you just can see it in the design view. I assume the text shows correctly, if the report is executed? if not, do the following:

shrink the text, you will see it.

activate the option "Print When Detail Overflows", you should see a part of teh text at least.

if you want to see the whole text, transform the 'static text' to a 'text field', then activate options "Print When Detail overflows" AND "Stretch with overflows"

Cheers, Thomas

http://www.thomaszimmer.net

Hi Thomas

Thanx. But no, in the design view the text is not visible for me.

The developer who does some lay-out and more fancy stuff can see the text: black on white or any other style make that is used in the report. I see the background colors used, but not the text. Because it is a sizeable document, for editing it is a bit of a headache for I need to check where I am in the text field.

More suggestions?

Kind regards

Stefan

edit: sry, zooming is NOT an option:so then just zoom your report until the fields are big enough to show the content. at some point of content size you won't be able to see it anymore in design view :

only: beside you do not shrink the font size :works

pls. post the report to understand better

Thomas