We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReport replacing PageHeader dynamically

rajil

Hi.  I'm searching on this topic since last 2-3 days and didn't find any question or answer.  I would like to know following:

Environment:

1)  Using Jasper Reports 3.0 on web application with JDK1.4 + Tomcat4.1 and JDK1.6 + Tomcat6 etc.

2)  Having more than 400 reports in this application.  I'm using compiled reports.  i.e.  all the JRXML or XML files are compiled to JASPER

3)  All the reports are is designed to have Report Header + Report Detail + Footer etc.  Most of the reports have single or multiple sub reports.

4)  Report Header section prints various details for the report like.  Customer Name, Date of Running the Report,  Other criteria selected for the report while running.

5)  The report header section prints the data dynamically from the report query or other source.  But the location of these TextFields are fiexed.  i.e. they are printed in report header centrally, one-after-another in next line.  e.g. given below

Customer ID and Customer Name

Customer Address

Customer Group

From Date ____ to ToDate ___

Problem:

Seraching for a solution to replace Report Header section by another report or programetally such that i can reposition the fields being deplayed in report header.

e.g.

1) I wanted to print   CustomerName in the Left    then   Group Name in the center   then  From Date __ to Date  in the right alignment in the same line.

2)  Logo position and width to be modified.

3)  Fonts and Fonts size to be modified.

Is there any way to achieve above layout?

Soulution i found and implemented so far:

1)  I have written a program to delete all the report heder fields from each report and introduced a sub-report to print all this details.

2)  All header section details are passed as a parameter to Header sub-report and this Header Sub-Report is degined saperately for each customer.

I achieved dynamic header printing this way.  

Problem with this solution:

1)  I have to run this program everytime i change the report and to convert it to introduce header section.

2)  Customer is getting different source then we have in our records as we are giving them converted reports,  conversion is made through a java program as i mentioned to remove header items and adding sub report.

Is there any other way to achieve this??

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic