We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issue with superuser login in 5.0.1 using Cas

bschundawat143

hi,

I have integrated Cas with Jasper. I am able to login and retrieve data from the server. I am able to login as jasperadmin and manage resources of organization_1. However if I try to login as superuser. It is creating another user under organization_1. This user doesn't have any permission of system administrator. I am not sure what I need to do to login.

Steps I follow:

1. Login to http:\localhost:8080jasperserver-pro it gives me a cas screen

2.I am able to login as jasperadmin which has access to al lthe resources on Organization_1.

3. If I logout it take me to standard login screen of jasper. If I try putting superuser/superuser it gives me error. Invalid credentials supplied.
Could not login to JasperReports Server.

4. If now I try to login with superuser/superuser through CAS screen it allows but this user doesn't have system administrator rights.

I would appreciateyour help.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you logged in as superuser from CAS it created a second superuser account in organization_1 with only ROLE_USER permissions. A workaround for this is to:

1. Remove the CAS configuration from applicationContext-security.xml and applicationContext-security-web.xml (if you backed up the original files this is easy).

2. Restart the server and login as superuser.

3. Modify the organizaion_1 superuser and add ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR and ROLE_SUPERUSER.

4. Restore the CAS configuration.

5. Restart the server and login, via CAS, as superuser.

You now have full superuser permissions