Single SQL query for multiple components

zxcvbvcxz

Hi,

I am using IReport Designer to make a report that contains only a crosstab and table component. They both are using thesame data, so I have maede dataset with query to my database and selected it as a datasource for both components. Unfortunately I have noticed that this query executes 2 times - for each component once. I would like to avoid such situation, because query is very complex (and can not be simplified) and my database suffers much, while handling it. To sum up:

Is it possible to get results once from database and than show them in crosstab and table component without getting them once again form SQL database?

Thank you for help!

Thomas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a dummy query for main report eg select 1 in case of mysql. Now create a data set which can be used for both crosstab and table. When u drag and drop table and cross tab in main report use this data set for both.  This dataset would produce results for both.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

Spandey, thank you for answer. I did exactly as you said at the beginning. I already have dummy query for main report and one data set for both crosstab and table, but still data set's query executes as many times as number of components connected with it is. If I have crosstab and table, data is downloaded from database twice, no meter they are both connected to one data set.