We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Conditionnal print!

anhstar

Hello, I need to print different kind of text depending on some of the fields in my report: 

FieldA (boolean)

FieldB (boolean)

FieldC (boolean)

If only one field above is true, I have to print "only fieldA is true"

If however fieldA and fieldB are true or  more fields are true, I have to print "fieldA and fieldB are true"

I wonder how I can do this. I tried to use variable to keep the count of variables that are true but it seems variable assignement cant be done in this context.

Anyone have any idea how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 

I made an example for you. 

What I've done is the following: 

- As there are 7 different combinations (if I'm not wrong), create 7 static text fields with the text that should write in each case

- Modify the "Print When Expression" property to show or not the text in each case

- In my case I've created 3 properties to insert their value when running the report. In your case will be variables. 

I know that this is not the best solution because if you have more than three variables you'll have to modify the report. This solution is valid if you always use these three variables.

I attach the example 

Hope this helps

Regards

augarte, thanks for your message.

Your solution is good for my case, but like you said, if theres more choices, the number of possibilities will increase and it will be a pain to manage.

But I will try it for this one.

Thanks again