We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

postgressql to MS SQLServer

gr33nhat

Hey everybody...,

i have the following problem.

I wanna try to replace the postgressql database to a MS SQLServer database.

My question 1:

How can I transfer the psogressql databasefiles(tables) to the new MS SQLServer?

My next steps are include the new MS SQLServer instead of the postgres and instead of using the tomecat i should use the JBoss 6.0.0

My question 2:  

Have someone an Idea how to do this? It's would be nice  if someone could explaine these steps.

Greetings and thanks a lot

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, gr33nhat. If you're using the professional edition of JasperReports Server, you can backup your postgres database using the export script under the buildomatic directory. This will export the repository data that JasperReports Server needs to run, and it will export it in a database-neutral way.

Then you would have to configure your default_master.properties file (also under the buildomatic directory) to point at your MS SQL database. You would then have to run the buildomatic scripts that create and populate the repository database that JasperReports Server will need.

Once that's done, you would then import the repository file you backed up previously into your new MS SQL database. All these steps are documented in the installation guide.

Regarding the second question, that's also explained in the installation guide.

Thank you gdmoreno,

thank you for answering .

I'm using  the JasperReportsServer the first time. I'm trying the non comercial v. 4.5 for testing first .

I'd triyed this but could you say me with which statement  how i can get the  jasperserver & posgress database includes the tables.

Could you explain it step by step how to do this and after how i can import in mssqlserver.

sorry for my helplessness :-(

Thank you so much for helping me.

Greetings

gr33nhat

Post Edited by gr33nhat at 08/08/2012 11:17

Hi, gr33nhat. Thanks for clarifying that you're using the community edition. Unfortunately, the community edition doesn't come with the database creation scripts for MS SQL. You would have to take the database creation scripts for MySQL or Postgres and port them yourself to MS SQL. I searched on the forums and found these topics that say the same thing:

MS SQL and JS CE  - http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/539193/mssql-and-js-ce

MSSQL database schema's and data - http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/532474/mssql-database-schemas-and-data

Installing JasperServer (3.5.0-CE) on MSSQLServer? - http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/528952/installing-jasperserver-350-ce-mssqlserver

I would suggest that if at this stage you're just testing the product, continue using the postgressql database as the repository. Having it as a repository won't stop you from using MS SQL Server as a datasource for your reports.

The advantage of this approach is that you can go ahead and test the product functionality, and worry about the MS SQL problem only when you're ready to move forward with JasperReports Server. At that point, you can either move to the professional version, or concentrate on porting the database creation scripts for use with MS SQL Server (if you decide to stay with the community edition).

hi gdmoreno,

thank you for all your inforamations! It helps me a lot :-)

The problem is i have to use the community edition first. But for understanding how it works I installed the 30 days trial.

Here I fixed the default_master.properties with the sql server informations.

I edit just the host, user, password and port.

After I went to cmd  .../buildomatic/  --> js-install.bat

--> build succesfull

then i copied the licence to the folder.

After all I opend firefox  http://localshost:8080/jasperserver-pro/

but it doesnt work

do you know what could I do?

Ok! It sounds like you haven't got much more to go. It's a good sign you got the "Build Successful" message after running the install script.

Since the install script doesn't actually start up your application server (I'm assuming you're using Tomcat), first make sure that you've started it up, and then hit the http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro landing page.

If you got the error after starting up the server, what did the server log say? You can check the server log under [TOMCAT_HOME]/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log.

Hello gdmoreno,

Thank you for the good support.

I'm still working on my topics :-(

Now I'm working on to find a way include the JBoss 6.0.0 final. I can't find something good on the internet.

My steps were...,

build the war file successful (I changed the default_master.propertie)

Now i'd tryed to start the server but now I have some exceptions.

I had to fix the case sensitivity exceptions (EMPTY --> empty) 

after I fixed the Owasp.CsrfGuard.tld

But now I should delete some .jars I don't know if I'm on the right way or not.

I hope you can help me  I become insane slowly :-(. 

Thanks a lot 

Benedikt