We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Add Report to Repository

crinch

Hi,

I am using JaserReport Server 4.5, I have created a report using iReport which has query. It runs successfully and it is input based report, the report takes input from user while go to preview in iReport.

I need to create a dashboard and embed this report in Jasper Server. I am not getting understand how to do this becuase the report is parameter based.

I need help to how to implement this scenario.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After you deploy a report, you need to create Input Controls with the same Names (Ids) as the report parameters. You can define behavior for your input control - wether it's drop down list, checkbox, text entry etc. If it's a query for values - you will need to define a datasource for your query and the query text.

See "Adding Input Control" chapter at http://help.jaspersoft.com/Content/JasperServer-Help-Book/Adding_Report_Units_from.htm

Hope that helps,

Olga

Olga, I am really thankful for your reply. My requirement is not an input control rather an a parameter from the URL when this report will be accessed. I am already created a data source.

So how I will enter parameter in the URL and that should be acceptable while running a report in the Jasper Report Server.

You still need to define input control, you can say "invisible" on it if you don't want the users to change it. Once you have Input Control, JasperServer knows it can use that report with a parameter. You can add parameter name and the value to URL when you execute the report.

I have created report in iReport

My Query was

===========

SELECT sp.OrderId, sp.OrderDtTm,sp.Email,o.CustomerID,

C.FirstNameB,C.LastNameB,

sp.Subscribe,

sp.Item, sp.StyleNo, sp.Size,

sp.Color,sp.Quantity, sp.Price,

sp.Total,sp.BillingCountry, sp.ShippingCountry,

sp.StoreOrderNo

FROM tblshippedorders sp

LEFT JOIN orders o on (sp.OrderId = o.ID)

LEFT JOIN customers C on (C.ID = o.CustomerID)

WHERE sp.PartnerId =$P{parternerId} ORDER BY `sp`.`OrderDtTm` ASC

===========

When I run the report it takes input from me and fetch the data successfully.

Now I add this reoprt in report unit and created an input control which will be promt when the report will run. Would you like to tell me what will be the input controller name and what will be parameter name in the URL so the report could run successfully.

Thanks again!