We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Accommodating for multiple export formats

theclosh

I have a large report that is normally printed as a PDF. It has a coverpage, disclaimer and margins. Several of the subreports take up more than one page.

Recently it has been asked of me to provide an Excel version of this report but to not create a separate report if possible. I have done this before but with not very clean results. I need to be able to have the coverpage, disclaimer and margins go away while allowing the page size to be larger. The first three are easy. The last I am completely stuck on.

What I'd like to do is have subreports within subreports so that I can have a container report as my main report with two subreports - one for the PDF and one for the Excel. The subreports for each would be linked accordingly. What I need is a way to be able to keep the page height for the PDF as 792 pixels while being able to have the Excel page height be much larger.

Is there a way I can do this? Am I over thinking this? The main report height, in my experience, controls the height of the entire report. So if I make it the PDF size then there will be spaces in my Excel (which I could clean up except that I also plan on having custom locations for the one sheet per page property). If I make it the Excel size the PDF will be much much larger than standard Portrait (or Landscape) layout.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic