We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Need to have Style expression feature (Please Vote)

raja_s_patil

Hello,

I am using Jasperreports in a project. I am really happy with its flexibility and ease of use. It has nice features about styles, external style templtes, scriptlets, and format factories. However in case of styles its bit uncomfortable to use when conditional stylling is required. e.g. when highlighting required on amount say  values < min value, value > max value are to be shown in different style then there is feture of conditional styles but you can not use template feature for this and for each report conditional styles are to be defined in respective reports. In case of changing style is required then all reports are need to be modified which defeats purpose of style templates.

I feel that this problem can be solved if feature of style expression is implemented. A element can have style property as at present which will be used as default and report designer can continue using it. Additional style expression property will return name of style to be used at runtime the style name can be from template or report doesn't matter and be used to render the element. the expression may look like ((${Fld}>max ? "style_Max" : (${Fld} < min ? "style_Min" : "style_Default")) or a scriptlet function can return string value in case of some complex decision making.

How everybody feels about this suggestion. Hope it is to be discussed in detail.

Thanks and warm regards

Raja Patil

PS : I have Opened Feature Request at http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreports/tracker/view.php?id=5844

If you feel this feature is Usefull then please Vote for it.

Post Edited by raja_s_patil at 07/23/2012 20:05

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic