We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

reports are generated multiple times

pest

hi,

i have the following problem.

we have reports in our jasperreport server ce 4.5.0 which generate several outputs (depending on the input-control) once a week.

But for one report the jobs generate outputs several times, so that there will be the following (in this case 3) pdf files generated by ONE job

• output_report_a-201207090300.pdf
  • output_report_a-201207090305.pdf
  • output_report_a-201207090320.pdf

and emails will be sent 3 times too for this job

all in all we have 7 jobs for this report

• 1 jobs will be generated once
  • 1 jobs will be generated twice
  • 5 jobs will be generated 3 times

all jobs for other reports works fine and as aspected

Code:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that you're getting this error in your stack trace: "com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: jsexception.report.resource.already.exists.no.overwrite"

In the output settings screen (the second step when scheduling jobs), did you activate the "sequential file names" option? I would try that, and leave the default value, which appears as "(default)".

The error suggests that the server is trying to write a report but then doesn't because it found the same report name already there. By adding the sequential file names option, you're at least getting rid of that possibility.

I have reports that have been setup in both ways, and we saw no difference. This report is a longer running report, if that has any difference.

I had see a bug in 4.0 that cause this, but it appeared that this had been fixed in the releases past 4.0.