We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issue in new theme activation

deepapriyan

Hi

I am new to Jasperserver.Am working on the community version of Jasperserver and needs few UI customization.

As suggested in many forums and documents available, i tried to create a new theme.First downloaded and existing theme

then made modifications to the css files and images and compressed the folder with a new name.After that uploaded this newly

created theme as a zip folder.But when I expand the newly added theme folder ,can see a subfolder with the same name as 

theme folder and on clicking "Set As Active theme " option for this get the following exception :-

Error Message

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSDuplicateResourceException: jsexception.folder.already.exists

Error Trace

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSDuplicateResourceException: jsexception.folder.already.exists at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl$11.execute(HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl.java:314) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.HibernateDaoImpl.executeWriteCallback(HibernateDaoImpl.java:73) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.HibernateDaoImpl.executeWriteCallback(HibernateDaoImpl.java:64) at 

Please help.

Thanks In Advance

Deepa

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Deepa,

Zip package contains XML file with the root of the package. If you are sure how to modify it, you can add new folder theme and files manually to repository. For example default files look as follows:

/themes/default/buttons.css

/themes/default/images/adhoc_datatree_icons_sprite.png

New files should look as below - create "my" folder manually, creat images folder inside, add css files and image files:

/themes/my/buttons.css

/themes/my/images/adhoc_datatree_icons_sprite.png

Also, you don't have to override each and every file, you can just accumulate your modifications in overrides_custom.css.

Hope it helps,

Olga

Thanks Olga ...

But i guess it would be great if we could upload the theme as a zip file because it would reduce the manual effort in creating the folders and then moving the new images or css if any...

Am still not able to figure out how the folder should be zipped and uploaded so that i don't get the subfolders.

Tried adding .data and .xml files for all the images and css files and then upload to the repository..but did not work :(

I remember getting a similar error when I zipped up the theme files incorrectly. I would check that the zip file with your theme files is properly structured.

Extract your ZIP file to a temp directory, and make sure that there isn't a folder at the root level of the ZIP file. At the root level, you should see CSS files, and if it exists, an images subfolder.