variable having count values ..need count of field = 1 ,2,3,4

sukeshpvs

i have a field created in sql which is a count  having 1,2,3,4 values iteratively

like 1,1,1,2,4,1,2,3,1,3,4,5,3,2,3,2,4,2,3,etc...

now i need a report variable to get the count of no of 1's and no of 2's 3's and 4 's

i am declaring variable expression as --> $F{count}.equals(1) and calculation as count

but i am unable to get the value

any one help me out...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a report context sensative question ... And there are several ways to solve for this one, but I'll take a stab at it, based on your sample it looks like you know your going to have a certain maximum number of those values to count, in your sample it was up to 4, so assuming it's 4 you could use four variables to count the numbers and set the variables on a row level to either 0 or 1.

$V{countOfOnes}

$V{countOfTwos}

$V{countOfThrees}

$V{countOfFours}

Now you have a variable expression where you set the resulting value of the variable to either 0 or 1 based on the rows value. Put this code in the $V{countOfOnes} variable and place it on the row (set the print when expression = Boolean.FALSE so it doesn't ever show this on the report)

($F{count}.intValue() == 1) ? 1 : 0

Then create a sum variable in the appropriate summary band as needed for each of the countOf##### variables. Should result in a sum represending the count of each type, once you have that you can format it in output however you like.

Just for a little more clarification, each one of the variables "countOfOnes, countOfTwos" etc should have the appropriate equal check,

$V{countOfOnes} with expression = ($F{count}.intValue() == 1) ? 1 : 0

$V{countOfTwos} with expression = ($F{count}.intValue() == 2) ? 1 : 0

$V{countOfThrees} with expression = ($F{count}.intValue() == 3) ? 1 : 0

$V{countOfFours} with expression = ($F{count}.intValue() == 4) ? 1 : 0

etc, etc.

Good luck,

Clark

Post Edited by cmatthews at 07/08/2012 22:29