We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can't find my custom data source when creating a domain

spierepf

Greetings,

I've created a custom data source (basically a hard-coded JDBC connection), and I've managed to add an instance of it to my repository as /public/myAwesomeDataSource.

Now I am trying to create a domain for this data source. In the "Add New Domain" screen, I click on the Browse button for the Data Source text field. I open up the Public folder, and my data source doesn't appear. I've also tried to type /public/myAwesomeDataSource into the text field directly. When I do, the field turns red, and I get a "Data source cannot be found. Select another location." message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only create domains using JNDI or JDBC connections, anything else is not allowed. This makes sense because domains are a meta-layer over a database, and when users are designing an ad hoc report using a domain, behind the scenes there's SQL that's getting sent to the DB.

That is fine, except that my custom data source IS a JDBC connection. Right now, that connection is hard-coded, but eventually, the parameters of the connection will depend on the identity of the logged in user.

Is there some way for me to convince the server that my custom data source is a jdbc connection, and that it should enable domains to be created against it?

Peter.

• 1 year later...