We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Source code examples for using the REST service? Particularly wrt resource creation and modification

spierepf

Greetings,

I'm looking for some working source code for creating and modifying resources in a JRS repository; I've read through the documentation and I'm finding it very dense. I'm using Ruby's rest-client library.

Any suggestions?

Peter.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Before I made my open source pet project https://code.google.com/p/jasperclient/ ,

I learned JasperServer RESTful APIs examples from

1. its sources: /jasperserver/jasperserver-rest/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/rest/test
  2. and its official guide, JasperReports-Server-Web-Services-Guide.pdf

I study JSP to make my RESTful client, sorry I don't know Ruby language.

Ching

Post Edited by icecreaming at 2012-06-19 11:10

Peter,

I meant that I studied from the sources of JRS,  (JRS is equal to JasperReports Server ,isn't it ?):

For more detail, I read their sources from:

/jasperserver-rest/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/rest/test/PUTTest.java

/jasperserver/jasperserver-rest/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/rest/test/resources

Their official examples have already included creation, modification and deletion of ResourceDescriptors.

Hope that they can help you.

Ching

PS: Actually I have programming skill problems too, I am asking how to make a good performance directory tree by RESTful APIs like their JRS and iReport. (Question 2: recursive folders of http://code.google.com/p/jasperclient/wiki/Problems#Problems).

Post Edited by icecreaming at 2012-06-20 18:21