We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Very Annoying subreport issue (Run to bottom partial fix)

hardcorefs

Hi,

I'm drafting a report that  requires three subreports stacked under each other.

Now to resolve any pagation issues I have a column group to select the right base record.

Columnheader

group header1

Dteail1

Subreport 1-3 columns (ALWAYS 200 pix high)

Detail2

Subreport 2 -2 columns (variable)

Detail3

Subreport 3 -2 columns (variable)

Group footer1

This base record is then used to process 3 further SQL selects each one builds a small subreport.

The issue I have is that the second subreport contains TWO columns DAY/NIGHT  if BOTH columnd are the same length, then the primary report correctly prints the three subreports

But if the second subreport contains  one colum that is larger, then the report truncates so that both columns are the same length and the remainder of  the longer colum AND the thrd subreport are pagated.

Yep, you would initially think that the second report has run over the page, BUT it has not, becasue IF iIset  "Run to  bottom" on the second sub report, then it prints BOTH colums to their full length without pagation (including sub report1), BUT then shoves the 3rd sub-report on the next page even though it will fit in some cases.

What it seems the report needs is some way to FULLY evaluate a subreport with different length columns print if it fits OR PAGEATE, THEN move onto the next subrreport.

but as it stands it seems the report is only evaluating until both columns of sub report 2 are the same length, even if the main report band hight & subreport height is set to 1

Why not just use  "Run to bottom" for band two ?

well the problem is that on some reports the subreport2 may only be  one line, in which case the full report ALWAYS takes two pages even though it WILL fit on page one.

example report with  sub-report2  Run to bottom=false (combine01.jpg)

example report with  sub-report2  Run to bottom=true (combine02.jpg)

It really is making me upset.

HC

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic