We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Zebra printing: Reverse video

matthall

I need to print white text on a black background to a Zebra printer. Whilst these are configurable settings in iReports the zebra doesn't respond to them and will print an unfilled rectangle with black text in it if I try to do it this way.

I am trying instead to send the Zebra print commands (I have used these successfully before in a StreamServe project) and whilst this now works [white text on black background] none of the other fields, static text, lines etc. that I have displayed on the report are printed!

I am using zebra command within a variable:

"^XA" +
"^FO50,1250" +
"^GB735,60,60,B,0^FS" +
"^FO55,1255^CFG,40,35" +
"^FR" +
"^FD"+$F{INV_CONTACT_FAX}+"^FS" +
"^XZ"

Any advice on either the Zebra command or any alternatives I might attempt much appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Removed the XA and XZ commands and this now works - no idea what those were doing specifically but they were included in the Zebra documentation and not in my original StreamServe coding - doh!

"^FO50,1250" +
"^GB735,60,60,B,0^FS" +
"^FO55,1255^CFG,40,35" +
"^FR" +
"^FD"+$F{INV_CONTACT_FAX}+"^FS"

It is still a little peculiar, the code ought to set the size and location of both the black box and the text but;

I seem to need to control the text location by field placement within iReports - it doesn't get placed by the Zebra code (whereas it does in StreamServe)

I have two separate labels each with the black box in different places. To create the second I simply moved the variable location in the iReport, adjusted the black box position using the zebra code ("^FO50,1250" +   ==>>> "^FO50,850" +) and yet the font size comes out smaller on the second. Weird.

At any rate a satisfactory result achieved