Show user message from Scriptlet

mulcamd

From a scriptlet I want to show a message to the user and upon Ok quit the report.

Questions:

1. How can I show a message to the user?
    BTW In the Server I see under View -> Samples that there are several message boxes like "#standardConfirm". How can I use or address them?

2. What should I call in my scriptlet to stop the report.

Google had no answer, hopefully you have!

iReport

In the iReport-Ultimate-Guide-4 on page 336 is an example of an Swing JOptionPane popup. Is this possible in JasperReports Server?

When issueing the command below  I get the error:

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null, "Popup warning message.", "Warning", JOptionPane.WARNING_MESSAGE);

Error Message

java.awt.HeadlessException: No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

Error Trace

java.awt.HeadlessException: No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it. at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:159) at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:432) at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:403) at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:368) at javax.swing.SwingUtilities$SharedOwnerFrame.<init>(SwingUtilities.java:1733) at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.getSharedOwnerFrame(SwingUtilities.java:1810) at javax.swing.JOptionPane.getRootFrame(JOptionPane.java:1673) at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showOptionDialog(JOptionPane.java:846) at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:650) at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(JOptionPane.java:621) at

Code:

Post Edited by mulcamd at 04/28/2012 13:11

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic