We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperserver-ws-sample war file missing

Aditya S

Hi, 

I am trying to configure my web application to load sample jasperserver reports. I have installed jasperserver-4.5.0-ce on my machine with a new tomcat instance. 

In the C:\Program Files\jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample folder, the README file says :

==============================

To run the java webapp sample, first locate the sample war 

file:

<js-install>/samples/java-webapp-sample/target/jasperserver-ws-sample.war

copy it to your application server location

(for instance tomcat) <tomcat>/webapps

==============================

The issue here is that I am not able to find the war file in the <js-install> directory. Only source files are available at "C:\Program Files\jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample\jasperserver-ws-sample-war". There is no target directory. 

I am assuming I might have to build it, but i dont see any instructions on how to do that. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I tried running "mvn install", I got warnings and then it failed.

Warnings:

-----------------------

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-ws-s

ample-war:war:4.5.0

[WARNING] The expression ${pom.version} is deprecated. Please use ${project.version} instead.

----------------------

I tried updating pom.xml, but got the error that the file is used by other application and cannot be saved.

Finally the build failed with this error:

------------------------------

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project jasperserver-ws-sample-jar: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.jasperso

ft.jasperserver:jasperserver-ws-sample-jar:jar:4.5.0: The following artifacts could not be resolved: net.sf.jasperreports:jas

perreports:jar:4.5.0.2, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-common-ws:jar:4.5.0, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserve

r-ws-client:jar:4.5.0, com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-ireport-plugin:jar:4.5.0: Could not find artifact net.sf.jasp

erreports:jasperreports:jar:4.5.0.2 in central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :jasperserver-ws-sample-jar

---------------------------

I have maven 3.0.4 installed on my machine.

Where can be the issue?

I tried the same "mvn install" with Maven 2.2.1. This time I got this error:

----------------------------

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[iNFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[iNFO] Cannot create resource output directory: C:\Program Files\jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample\jas

perserver-ws-sample-jar\target\classes

[iNFO] Trace

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Cannot create resource output directory: C:\Program Files\jasperrepor

ts-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample\jasperserver-ws-sample-jar\target\classes

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387

)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)

at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)

at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Cannot create resource output directory: C:\Program Files\jasperre

ports-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample\jasperserver-ws-sample-jar\target\classes

at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo.java:166)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)

at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)

... 17 more

Caused by: org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MavenFilteringException: Cannot create resource output directory: C:\Program Fil

es\jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0\samples\java-webapp-sample\jasperserver-ws-sample-jar\target\classes

at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.filterResources(DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.ja

va:215)

at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo.java:162)

... 19 more

Any clue?

I extracted jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0-maven-repository.zip in %HOME%/.m2/repository.

Now I am getting mondrian dependency issue:

[iNFO] Unable to find resource 'commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.2' in repository jasperreports (http://jasperreports.

sourceforge.net/maven2)

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.2/commons-logging-1.0.2.jar

[iNFO] Unable to find resource 'mondrian:mondrian:jar:3.2.0-13661' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[iNFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:

----------

1) mondrian:mondrian:jar:3.2.0-13661

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command:

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=mondrian -DartifactId=mondrian -Dversion=3.2.0-13661 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to

/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=mondrian -DartifactId=mondrian -Dversion=3.2.0-13661 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/f

ile -Durl= -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency:

1) com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-ws-sample-jar:jar:4.5.0

2) com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-common-ws:jar:4.5.0

3) com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.core.util:jasperserver-core-util:jar:4.5.0

4) com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine:jasperserver-api-engine:jar:4.5.0

5) com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata:jasperserver-api-metadata:jar:4.5.0

6) jaspersoft.ji-pro.ji-jpivot-ui:ji-jpivot:jar:4.0.1

7) mondrian:mondrian:jar:3.2.0-13661

----------

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver:jasperserver-ws-sample-jar:jar:4.5.0

from the specified remote repositories:

central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Is there any place I need to download mondrian and common_logging?

Finally managed to get it working. The issue was with jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0-maven-repository.zip. After extracting files into %USER_HOME%\.m2\repository (same as linux), I found %USER_HOME%\.m2\repository\mondrian\mondrian\3.2.0-13661-JS-2 folder with the mondrian jar/pom/sha1 file also having "-JS-2" suffix.

After renaming the files as well as folder to "3.2.0-13661" instead of "3.2.0-13661-JS-2", the mvn install worked perfectly fine.

Hope this helps someone facing similar issue and the same can be fixed in the jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0-maven-repository.zip on jasper website.