Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Exporting a report to Text (e.g. report.txt)

2004 IR Help

By: Mr.Abnormal - iazzetti

Exporting a report to Text (e.g. report.txt)

2005-04-01 03:56

How can I export a report to a Text format?

By: CleverFool - cleverfool

RE: Exporting a report to Text (e.g. report.t

2005-04-01 05:03

CSV is the text format. So export to CSV.

By: Mr.Abnormal - iazzetti

2005-04-01 05:56

Is it the only manner?

I needed to get a formatted one with spaces... screen positioning etc... and the csv do not support it...

In the iReports, I can generate exactly the exported type I need... How can I do that?

thanks

By: eileene_c - eileene_c

2005-04-11 23:20

Hi

i got the same problem. using ireport, you could export to text. but there still seems to be a bug or some setting should be done. my label and fields are truncated.

please let me know if you get any alternative to this. thanks.

i read somewhere here in the forum to generate it to pdf or html first, then apply a txt converter.

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

2005-04-12 01:14

There is alwasy RTF. I don't know if it made it into the core yet or not.

Does anyone *sigh* guess I could look at the javadoc and see if rtf is in there. if not, does anyone have a patch that is 'known gooD' for 0.6.6 version, for RTF exporting?

I'm about to try the patch if I don't see it in the source, but i'm no java guru. With luck and the Law of Averages, i'll prolly hit on the solution eventually, but hey, easy is "in like Flint", which we all wish to be. right arm. ;-)

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

2005-04-12 14:56

Well, RTF is not in the core, but it was 'easy enough' to add the patch. For some reason netbeans kept telling me there was an incompatibility issue when trying to add the patch using it's "apply diff patch" command... I'm using windows, so maybe that was the problem. Doing the patch by hand was easy enough, I had to add try{}catch{} to two chunks of code (only two errors I got) in the rtf .class-file, and after that it was smooth sailing. Freaking beautiful, actually. I'd like to give a hearty thanks to everyone involved with this spiffy project.

THANKS! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

-ps I saw some sort of "TextRenderer" in the src export directory, but didn't see it in the jaspermanager or elsewhere, so I don't know about that, but it's something to look into... good luck!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic