We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple list elements in one report

powz

Hi all,

I have tried and failed in ernest  to get the subreport function successfully working. I have come to the conclusion that i can acheive the desired outcome by utilising multiple lists within my report. (Ishould mention that my datasource is xml)

The issue i am experiencing is that with multiple lists i can only get one or the other to return values. Dependant on which node i set the master reoprt as having in the xpath query. I have set the nodes for each of the subdatasets, hoeveer i cannot get both to return the required values. Ultimately, what i am trying to acheive is to get all the records into one report.

I have attached the xml datasource below - (record 4)

The 2 lists i am trying to return values for are for the records "Inventory" and "meter readings", howevere  i can only get 1 at a time to retun. Does it have something to do with them being on the same plane and not a subset of one another?

I have also attched my "attempt" at pulling the records through. - (single record2003)

Any help wouyld be massively appreciated

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you want your lists to return multiple times (once for each row of the main query) I wouldn't put your lists in a detail line. Plus, yes, putting them both on the same band is probably not a good idea. I would suggest using a group footer or the summary band. Plus it appears you may actually want to use the table tool rather than list based on the data format you appear to want.

Hi Thanks for the response.

I do want the lists to return all of the data running of the main query, i.e for hall, i would have a few entries, then bathroom, then bedroom etc.

I have tried the table element, but again failed to get that to work, i seem to be hitting obstacles everywhere.

So if i put both the lists in the summary  will that return what i want?

I will give it a shot

Cheers