iReport 4.5 fails to run in Windows 7 x64

rogerappl

I have installed the standalone iReports 4.5 in Windows 7 x64.  When first installed it works fine.  If I exit and restart - it loads the GUI and appears to work.  However - if I select anything (report, options, etc...) it kills the Java SE. (or it may already be dead - but I can exit as long as I do not try to do anything).  If I reinstall - it works fine again - until I exit - then same issue appears.

I cannot load the options - so I cannot see what settings may (or may not) be at fault.

I have tried both the 1.6.27 and the 7 for the java.  Both fail the same way.

I have 4.1.3 and it is working fine and has been for the past months.  So it is not a system issue.  Any clues? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a little more time and patience (very heavy on the patience).  I finally discovered that 4.5.0 is working.  It took 2.5 minutes to load a blank report!  I have an i7 machine with 8 Gb of ram and an NVIDIA accellerator - I cannot image how this would perform on a lesser machine!

I will be deleting 4.5 and going back to 4.1.3 - maybe in the not to distant future - 4.5 will be ready for prime time.