Word break does not work with XHTML

shamphadtale

I am exporting report to HTML as shown in below code. I have set property for page break - IS_WRAP_BREAK_WORD - to true but still in exported report words are not getting wrapped. They overlapped with next column data. How to fix this problem?

Code:

Post Edited by shamphadtale at 12/27/2011 13:30

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing i noticed just now. Suppose column width is 10 and data contains 11 letters without space then 11 letter is not get display. If there is space then all all letters from that space goes on second line. Means word wrap worked if words are separate and their length is graeter than column width. But it will not work if there is single word(no space) having length greater than column width. WHy it is happening? DO i need to set some property for XHTML?

If i export report using JRHtmlExporter exporter, column width get increased as per data width. Is there any property setting by which I can get similar output for XHTML report?

You can try setting the net.sf.jasperreports.text.save.line.breaks property to true as an alternative to JRHtmlExporterParameter.IS_WRAP_BREAK_WORD, which doesn't seems to have the expected results on some browsers.

Note that the mentioned property applies at report fill time, so make sure it is set when filling the reports.

Regards,

Lucian

Thanks a lot lucian.. Today you are god for me /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif

Last 3 days I was trying to fix the issue, but no success. I tried all methods by which I can export report to HTML format. I had checked export properties, did not look at fill properties. Yesterday night I had came to conclusion that after exporting file to HTML I need to open it again and insert spaces in those words which has length more than column width. But due to your help I need not do that thing.

Thanks a lot again!