Issue with parameter saving mechanism

ADR707

Hey hi,

I have started woking with ireports, and I'm stuck at a point, need some help.

I'm trying to create a report, using ireport 4.0.1and jasper server 4.1. The report has few cascading parameters.  While passing the value of a parameters I need to pass the unique Id as well as the name/value of the parameter. (For e.g. 1. cityID, cityName 2. storeID, storeName and so on..). i.e I pass the ID and display the names in the input controls (Because ID makes no sense to the user). The report works fine in report designer as well as on the server. But the issue starts when I try to save the selected value of the input controls. When I select the value and hit 'save' it gets saved, but  When I try to run the report with the saved parameters then the input control displays IDs instead of the name/value. 

I somehow found a work around of this, but for that I must use my very first parameter as a multi-select parameter. But my requirement is that the very first parameter (city), always has to be a single select. Hence this issue gets solved by using $X{...} instead of $P{..}, but creates more issues for me.., as I cannot allow the user to select multiple cities.

Can any one help me out with this, 

(Please refer to the attached jrxml for more clarification.).

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days