We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport-DataConnection from Windows 2008R2 to SQLServer 2008R2 fails

george_lucas

Hi,

I have installed iReport Designer 2.0.3 with J2SE Development kit 5.0 update 12 on my Windows 2008 R2 64 bit box.

From iReport, when I try to establish connection to SQL Server 2005-it works like a charm.However, when I try to make a data connection to SQL Server 2008 R2, it hangs (becomes unresponsive) while clicking on Test button.

Note: I have SQL JDBC drivers 3.0 installed.

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the problem is your SQL Server 2008 R2 needs to allow remote connections. Please try this:

1. Start the SQL Server Browser.

2. Enable TCP/IP protocol for SQL Server 2008. Use the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

3. In SQL Server Management Studio, enable SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode.

4. Restart the database service.

I successfully connected using SQL Server 2008 R2, iReport 4.0.2, JDK 1.6, and the sqljdbc-1.6.jar shipped with JasperReports Server. I had to add the JAR to iReport classpath. To add the JAR on iReport 4.0.2, you click Tools>Options, go to the classpath tab under the iReport category. See attached image for connection settings.

Post Edited by khahn at 11/22/2011 19:56

Post Edited by khahn at 11/23/2011 00:56

Some customers have reported the hanging issue when trying to connect to SQL Server 2005. We just traced it back to a buggy JDK update 1.6.29.  You can determine which Java version iReport is using by clicking Help>About iReport. It might not be the one you think.

Yes, you are right. I have Java 6 update 29 installed on my machine.

So, is there any way I can switch or tell iReport to use different Java version. In other words, if I install two versions of JDK on my machine and can switch versions between iReport and other applications e.g. NetBeans.

Thanks for your help.