jasperserver install "Error: port 3306 is not reachable at host localhost"

triumdh

Hi All,

While installing jasperserver 4.1 on Freebsd 8.0 MySQL 5.0.9 I have the following error.

I can connect to the database from command line and have checked username and password many times.  Any help would be appreciated as I am supposed to evaluate BI software by the end of the week.

Code:
"Writing to log file: logs/js-install-ce_2011-10-10_15-50-10925.log----------------------------------------------------------------------Running JasperReports Server install script at 2011-10-10_15-50----------------------------------------------------------------------[default]Running install-normal-ce Ant task.----------------------------------------------------------------------Buildfile: /backup/jasperserver/buildomatic/build.xml     [echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)gen-config:     [echo] Regen config files if they have already been cleaned:     [echo] currentConf= /backup/jasperserver/buildomatic/build_conf/defaulttest-ce-all-props:     [echo] Checking properties:     [echo]   appServerType=tomcat6     [echo]   appServerDir=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0     [echo]   dbType=mysql     [echo]   dbHost=localhost     [echo]   dbUsername=********     [echo]   dbPassword=**********     [echo]   dbPort=3306     [echo]   js.dbName=jasperserver     [echo]   sugarcrm.dbName=sugarcrm     [echo]   foodmart.dbName=foodmart     [echo]   webAppNameCE=jasperservercheck-dbtype-ce:test-appServerType-ce:do-pre-install-test:     [echo] Checking DBMS host and port:     [echo] About to validate host:  localhost     [echo]   Host localhost is OK     [echo] Done validating host: localhost     [echo] About to validate port: localhost:3306BUILD FAILED/backup/jasperserver/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:281: The following error occurred while executing this line:/backup/jasperserver/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:42: The following error occurred while executing this line:/backup/jasperserver/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:91: Error: port 3306 is not reachable at host localhostTotal time: 1 secondChecking Ant return code: OK----------------------------------------------------------------------[*********** /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0/webapps/jasperserver/buildomatic]#"

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLVED.

FreeBSD by default uses a UNIX socket for mysql.

If you creat a my.cfg file with a port number asignment and restart mysq the install completes successfully.

Code:
#cp /usr/local/share/mysql/my-large.cnf /usr/local/etc/my.cnf#/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server restart

• 2 years later...