On compilation, my fields are not found for some reason

clayshannon

I added a data source to my report in iReport Designer 4.1.2 (an .xls file)

I then dragged some "Text Field"s from the Report Elements palette to the Detail band.

I then set each TextField in turn to a different column in the .xls file, so that they are in this format:
"$F{field}$F{CITY_OR_TOWN}"

I then tried to compile the report, but got: "Field not found: field" for all four of my TextFields.

What step am I missing here?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the same thing with the same data, but a .csv file replacing the .xls file. I got, I think, the same results. Here is some more specific feedback, from an iReportOutput pane:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRValidationException: Report design not valid :       1. Field not found : field      2. Field not found : field      3. Field not found : field      4. Field not found : field     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:258)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:140)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:212)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:128)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:515)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)

Compilation running time: 63