We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Tree load error

thegg

Hi everybody,

I'm new on jasperserver. I searched on the forum a solution of my problem but seems to not be.

On the browser interface i have a "tree load error." box. This box is appaired with a misclick when I load a new jrxml on a folder.

After clicked on, the browser fail (infinite loading) to show the folder referentiel list.

I'm enter in the jasperserver mysql database to show the content in "jiressource" and "jiressourcefolder" tables but the architecture of the content seems ok to me (I'm not sure but I think to have understand how that work).

How can i obtain this folder list ?

Another clue : in the ireport repository mode, I can always create and delete files without problems.

Thx per advance to any help.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

This seems to be a generic message emitted by the web UI when it experiences some kind error in communcation with the server.

I started experiencing this problem after I loaded a particularly large report into the repository using iReport.  Truth be told, the report really wasn't all that large in my opinion, but apparently others would think so given the number of different size parameters I've had to adjust in order to get japserserver to deal with out reports.

I had already dealt with the MySQL max_packet_size issue and increased the maxHttpHeaderSize setting in conf/server.xml as well as the AJP max_packet_size value in /etc/tomcat6/workers.properties.  The problem in my case turns to out have been that I did not also set the AJP packetSize value in conf/server.xml. 

It was more than a little bit surprising to discover that fact at this particular point in time, because the previous settings changes (MySQL max_packet_size, maxHttpHeaderSize, and AJP max_packet_size) had managed to get everything working both in the JasperServer Web UI and in iReport.

So the particular problem I describe here may not be the same one that you're experiencing, but the general advice on tracking down your own problem would be to closely scrutinize the server log file(s) (in the case of my version, catalina.out, not the jasperserver log file) for errors that will point you to the root cause of the problem.

Post Edited by jnidositko at 06/29/2012 12:59

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

For Chrome, and I would assume any browser, you actually only need to delete the cookies that have "amazon" assuming you are running in the cloud.  You don't need to restart anything, though logging out and back into Jasper is a very good idea.