Unexpected hiding of calculated members in an analysis view

planetzone

There is an odd behaviour with calculated members in the analysis view of the jasper server:

I have a set of rows like these:

See screenshot view1

I use a calculated member to display the cumulative sales to a specific period. This works as its intended to. But if you now click on “Hide Empty Rows/Columns”, the row with DepartmentA disappears although it obviously contains values:

See screenshot view2

To make sure that my MDX query was correct, I tested it with and without the hiding of empty fields in the workbench. In both cases it worked as it should, it displayed the values of the DepartmentA also. So now I was sure that the MDX query was not at fault.
The only difference between DepartmentA and the other departments is that DepartmentA had no sales in July (2010 and 2011), the others had:

See screenshot view3

So I believe now that the Jasper Analysis view, unlike the workbench, doesn’t hide the rows with empty cumulative sales fields, but empty sales fields. Jasper Analysis doesn’t seem to take calculated members into account when hiding empty rows/columns. This results in a lot of inconveniences for my company, because it is a different behavior as one would expect from the OLAP function and it is inconsistent with the behaviour of the jasper workbench.

Is this a bug or did I do something row? Has anyone experienced something similar?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic