Custom components in iReport

brismtedt

Hello,

I've developed a custom component for jasper to display QR Codes.

It works great if I manually create a jrxml file, I can export PDF's, HTML, etc.

However, If I open the report in iReport, I run into a few problems:

1) If I try to save the report using 'CTRL+S' i get the message:

Error saving the JRXML: No components bundle registered for namespace http://my.domain.com/test

If I save using the "Save all" action, i do not get this error, and position of my component will save correctly.

2) The component initially showed up only as a rectangle with a little bean inside id. Should I expect it to show real output of my component?

(I tried adding a DesignConverter using JRBasePrintEllipse, which makes it show just a rectangle instead.

3) The properties of the component does not show upp correctly in the properties window. Should I expect them to?

Ill be more than happy to release my component to the public ones the remaining issues are sorted out, afaik there is no QR Code generator already available for Jasper?

br

/Linus

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to solve (2) so i get a better preview in design mode (using subclass of ElementIconConverter).

However, what I forgot to mention was that I do not get the expected output when running the report from iReport. It is just blank where the output should have gone.

• 2 years later...

Could you please guide me how to create custom Compoent which should display in the iReport Palette.

also i am looking for How to Create Custom component and integrate D3.js charts(charts like sunburst charts or calendar charts), so that component made available in the Report Palette

Please help me or share me any sample or tutorial link.

• 2 months later...