We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Does Jasperreports designs parameters input ?

danif

Hi have followed ireport and jasperserver for a while... and i as trying to avoid dirting my hands with jasperreports library, but seems like i have no other choice.

What i require is a standalone viewer (cant use jasperserver), something close to ireport but that would work as a viewer only having the possibility to:

- Prompt user for parameters

- some prompted parameters would be dynamic (example a result from a sql query)

- have the ability to export the report into pdf, xls, etc...

If there is anything out there that would do this please do tell me.

So i started developing a simple standalone viewer using JRViewer to build the report, but JRViewer gets the parameters from a hashmap passed on the constructor. To prompt the user with the parameters from the jasper report i use

JasperReport report = JasperManager.loadReport(fc.getSelectedFile().toString());

from here i get the list of parameters on the jasper file (with getParameters[]) where i start to design the prompting of the parameters... i have it working for the basic types String, Integer, Date.. but i seems like someone else as already had that trouble

Is there any object inside jasperreports that would design the prompting of the parameters ?

Thanks in advanced

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Download this book:      iReport 3.7 by Shamsuddin Ahammadand

and read the chapter entitled "how to call jasper report in a java application".

I strongly believe it will answer your question about parameter input.

Post Edited by sejwekah at 07/06/2011 07:53