We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Re:How to use parameter in ireport

shatad0101

Hi,

I am sharad and i m new in ireport and currently i am using ireport 4.0.0 version

and i am getting some error

Code:
Today I was trying to  use parameter in where clausesuch as-- select emp_salary,last_namefrom employeeswhere emp_id in ($p{id1},$p{id2}) but i m getting error so how tofigure out this problem plz help me Is it possible to do such a thing with iReport and JasperReport ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which error are you getting?

I had the same problem as you and I found a link saying that the sintax of SQL parameters is '$P{param}' and the sintax or iReport parameters is '$P!{param}'. Try defining your query in the following way:

select emp_salary,last_name

from employees

where emp_id in ($p!{id1},$p!{id2})

Hope this helps.

I have defined two parameter name system_name1,system_name2 as value expression text

and default value for system_name1 is xyz and for system_name2 is abc

where system_name in ($P!{system1},$P{system2!})

error-

sourcefile inline evaluation of : ''xyz:" illegal use of undefined variable class,or void literal

So what I understand is you have two parameters "system1_name" and "system2_name".

You set a default value for each one, as it is a string it should be between double quotes.

If the names of the parameters are system1_name and system2_name the where clause should be like follows:

where system_name in ($P!{system1_name},$P!{system2_name})

If everything is defined as specified here it should work ok. If you want you can attach the jrxml file and will check if everthing is ok.

Regards.