Jasperreport4.0.2: word in Text Field is splitted and moved to new line in exported PDF

jiangyichun

I'm a rookie for Jasperreport, in the past few times I used BIRT for our report solutions, nowadays I just feel Jasperreport support JavaBean datasource better than BIRT which is more suitable for our current project so I decide to pick up Jasperreport instead. But I meet a problem when just writting a testing report which annoys me very much that is my word in the Text Field (which is put in a table cell) is splitted and put in two lines when the report is exported to PDF (no such problem in .rft format), e.g. "MYFFF TEST" is splitted as "MYFFF" and "TEST" and each one occupies one row; "FAILED" splitted as "FAILE" and "D". I have no idea it is the Text Field component has problem or the Table component has problem or it is my configuration on properties is wrong (in fact I didn't change so much properties on the components or report). I feel the root cause may be in the Font which I use because when I change to another one it seems situation becomes better (some word not splitted, but some ones still do). I just use Font "Arial" which is very common and shouldn't have problems. I put my report file and exported PDF file in attachment, and the version of Jasperreport which I use is 4.0.2 (also the iReport designer is 4.0.2). Please someone helps me.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

i have the same problem since updating from version 3.7.3 to 4.0.2.

While a String "test" is wrapped before the last "t"-character, the String "testsubject" is not wrapped at all (see screenshots)

Is there a trick or hint to solve this?

I am having the same problem as well.  I don't see it in the iReport previewer, but when I generate a PDF - see attached.

Accoount Information should be on one line;

The colon is split on Pin: and Phone:

The l is split from the word Model in the table.

Post Edited by burferd at 06/23/2011 17:25

• 2 weeks later...