We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Don't repeat group header when only group footer remains

toddbrook

I have a report which contains a number of groups. The layout is something like the following:

Dummy group (header not displayed - this is present so that I can show a summary without using the summary band)

Year header

Month header

Occupation footer

Month footer

Year footer

Dummy Group footer

The Year and Month groups both have "Reprint Header" set to True.

In many cases this is fine, but in some cases the data in the month footer may overflow onto another page or all of the data fits onto one page apart from the Dummy Group footer. In both such cases the Year and Month headers both get reprinted and this looks odd because the data that follows does not need the headers.

Is there a way to suppress reprinting of group headers if you have displayed the data for the last record in the group? I feel that this ought to be simple but I can't see how. I think you need a variable that is calculated when the group starts that stores how many records are in the group and then a print when on the group headers that checks whether the previous record displayed was the last one in the group. However it is not possible (as I understand things) to have such a variable.

Is there a way to achieve this?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic