PDF Issue

vijaykmr

Hi All,

I have issue with PDF export using IReport 4.0.2, Kindly find the attached files. Html Export is working fine but the PDF export text breaks in few places Eg- "aaaaaa" works fine but "aa" or "aaa" breaks. Tried all option but i get the same result. Help me to identify the issue.

Regards,

Vijay

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear,

I got the same problem.

I create a very simple report using MySQL's sample database, World and list Code and Name from Country table. The report only got 2 text labels and 2 fields. When preview in PDF, the Code field was wrapped into 2 lines and the country name is good.

I deploy the report to a Tomcat 6 server using JRHtmlExporter. It turns out some images are missing. The report has no images.

Best Regards,

Antony

hii,

there is a difference between calling a report from Ireport or from Tomcat , be care that tomcat maybe did not have access to the image you want to display in the report, and some text may wrapped or some fonts cannot be displayed, so be sure to put fonts in /tomcat/lib/.. and the image be accessible to tomcat. u should difine the directory of images in ireport

salim

What font to install for PDF, there are already 6 type of fonts Pre Installed in which i tried SansSerif and Serif with both i get the same result. Do I need to Install any other font for PDF view?

Regards,

Vijay

I am having the same issue. I created a report in iReport 4.0.2. When using the internal viewer, all is well. However, when I export to PDF, some of the text fields wrap, most often in the middle of a word. The wrapping behavior is consistent - the same words will wrap every time, although I have not found a pattern. I tried with 2 different fonts (Arial, SansSerif), and many different combinations of text field property values and PDF export configuration options. Any help is much appreciated.

Screenshot attached.

-Shannon

Select the field

Go to the properties

Choose the "Font Name" from the drop down list, say for example 'verdana'

Go to "TOOLS", then "Options", , then "iReport", and then choose "Fonts"

On the right hand side you will find "Install Fonts" by clicking this will take you to browse the required fonts, choose the font which you specified for the 'feild'. It will resolve wrapping problem.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...