Missing design on exported report in Excel, any help?

saman0suke

I'm converting a report that I created it on iReport 3.7.6, in Excel format, it shows the information, numbers etc,but the design is completely disordered, there are missing lines, some texts does not appear, so here's the code:

jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport("C:/ProyectoEdmundo/EID/EID/public_html/verified_account/1/verifiedAccountRep.jasper", parameters, conn);
            xlsFileName = "report.xls";

byteArrayOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

exporterXLS = new JRXlsExporter();
            exporterXLS.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jasperPrint);
            exporterXLS.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_FILE_NAME, xlsFileName);
            exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET, Boolean.TRUE);
            exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.OUTPUT_STREAM, byteArrayOutputStream); 

exporterXLS.exportReport();

response.setContentType ("application/vnd.ms-excel");
            response.setHeader ("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=\"" + xlsFileName + "\"");

ouputStream = response.getOutputStream();           

ouputStream.write(byteArrayOutputStream.toByteArray()); 
            ouputStream.flush(); 
            ouputStream.close();

byteArrayOutputStream.flush();
            byteArrayOutputStream.close();

Is there anything I can do to get exactly the same report? the original report is filled with at least 5 subreports by the way, any help would be appreciated, thanks!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what the problem is, I was testing it on iReport, and it seems that when an element is "touching" another element, they cannot being displayed on excel format, maybe because if an element is over another one, would be like a cell over another cell in the excel format, is there something that I can do, as a programming code to avoid this at the moment of the export? because the solution would be redesign the report in order to avoid putting elements over the other ones but that would be really difficult since the report is really huge, any idea¡? thanks