We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multi Axis Chart - Grouping of category axis tick labels?

detlevtvilo

Hello,

given the following three columns in a mysql-database: timestamp(long), a(double), b(int).

I now want to create a multi axis chart with two line charts: timestamp -> a , timestamp -> b.

Basically the chart is working and all the data is drawn. Unfortunately the amount of datasets is quite large which leads to several thousand category axis tick labels. The fact that each label is drawn renders the entiry axis-labeling unreadable (a black bar).

I am looking for a way to draw every value into the chart but only draw each n-th category axis tick label. Is there any way to do this? 

Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably do it through a Chart Customizer although I am not sure the exact steps or the methods you would have to override.  Matt has posted a great article on Chart Customizers and I have found it very useful, not exactly what you are looking for but might point you in the right direction.  

I was thinking that maybe there is a way to do this using a multi-axis chart, haven't tried it and just trying to be creative,  what if you have two charts, the first chart has the full detail and you turn off the axis tickmarks and values completely, then you have another chart with all values set to 0 but the categories are different so that the labels space out,  not sure if this will work because the multi axis charts may need to share the same horizontal axis (not 100% on that) and only differ in the vertical axis on the left and right.  If I get a chance tonight I will play with it and see what happens.

Jeff